Why The Faine House?
As teenagers exit foster care without a family or support system, their futures can be uncertain. The same goes for young adults facing homelessness and other significant struggles as they begin the next phase in their lives – often alone. At CHS, we believe every teen and young adult has potential to succeed, and we provide solutions and services to help them realize it.
Every year, more than 100 teens in Central Florida turn 18 while in foster care. Without help and guidance, many will face a lifetime of dependency – welfare, jail, homelessness.
There is another path. A path to success that begins at the doors of The Faine House.
Building Bridges to Success
Teens and young adults who have participated in The Faine House programs have experienced tremendous improvements and received guidance that has changed their life trajectories. Comparing youth supported by these programs until the age of 21 versus youth with no support system, we’ve seen the following impact:
- 68% continued their education in traditional or vocational schools (vs. 31%)
- 37% attended college students (vs. 12%)
- A decline in substance abuse, violent and destructive behaviors and pregnancies
- An increase in financial stability
How we empower residents to succeed
At The Faine House, we believe in five essential steps to change the path of young adults who face uncertain, often frightening, futures:
- Housing & transportation
- Health & wellness
- Personal finance
Upon move-in, residents craft a Life Plan to guide their progress. Taking each step together, The Faine House assists in their growth. Through the development of each life skill, residents progress, become empowered and enter our community as confident adults.
After just four years, The Faine House has blossomed from a 10-bed residential home for teens exiting foster care into a community for young adults on their journeys into adulthood. This solution has gone from helping kids get driver’s licenses to now helping them find and launch into careers.
We expect our residents to live by The Faine House Resident Creed:
I will honor this opportunity by:
- Believing in the me I can be
- Being true to myself and those around me
- Supporting and respecting fellow residents and mentors
- Being dedicated to my goals
- Asking for help when I need it
- Following the house rules
The Faine House operates on donations from private individuals and organizations. You can be a part of The Faine House community, too:
- Make a donation to support the programs and services provided at The Faine House.
- Learn more about our giving societies and other opportunities that benefit The Faine House.
- Contact Ashley Vann for more information about ways to get involved and needs at The Faine House.
Events benefiting The Faine House, a program of CHS: