Expecting a baby can be very emotional
You may be excited, yet nervous about what’s to come. Filled with joy, yet also filled with the fear of not knowing what to expect.
Healthy Start is here for you. This free, voluntary program offers compassionate support and resources to pregnant women – many referred by their physician – and families with newborns.
Pregnant women in Clay, Duval, Nassau, St. Johns and Santa Rosa counties who meet specific criteria. Many women in the program suffered abuse or neglect as children, have a limited support system, struggle with a drug or alcohol dependency, and/or struggle financially, However, the program is open to any pregnant woman who needs extra support.
Even if you didn’t participate in the program during your pregnancy, your baby may qualify, as babies are screened for Healthy Start services at birth.
What to expect
In the comfort of your home, our caring and professional Home Visitors provide guidance and encouragement as you prepare for the birth of your baby. After you bring home your newborn, we’re there by your side to coach you through the challenges and celebrate the milestones.
You’ll also receive:
- Support and guidance as you learn to care for yourself (and your developing baby!) during pregnancy
- Care coordination
- Referrals to childbirth education classes
- Connections to community
- Guidance as you prepare your home for a new baby
- Support and resources to obtain safe sleeping arrangements for your baby
- Developmental screenings for your baby
- Continued support up to three years after your child is born