When you’re a new parent, it can be overwhelming, confusing and, sometimes a bit scary
The questions are never-ending! How can I keep my baby safe? How will I know if she’s making progress and meeting milestones? How can I console him when he cries? You’re not in this journey alone – Healthy Families is here to help navigate the rollercoaster of parenting. Through this free, voluntary program, you’ll receive support and guidance as you become the best parent you can be!
Families living in:
- Charlotte, Clay, Collier, Duval, Escambia, Glades, Hendry, Lake, Lee, Marion, Miami-Dade, Nassau, Okaloosa, Santa Rosa, Seminole, St. Johns, Sumter or Walton counties
- Families expecting a new baby or and those with a baby younger than 3 months old
- Families with young children who are dealing with a stressful life situation
What to expect
In the comfort of your own home, our professional and compassionate Home Visitors will be your coach and champion as you help your children realize their full potential. We’ll:
- Offer encouragement
- Help you understand your child’s growth and development
- Guide you to help your child meet developmental milestones
- Help you learn healthy ways of dealing with everyday stress
- Connect you with other community resources
- Teach positive parenting skills, activities and age-appropriate discipline
- Provide guidance as you make your home safe for infants and small children
- Help you manage medical appointments so your child receives timely well-baby checks and immunizations
- Empower you set – and achieve – goals for you and your family
We offer this in the following regions:
Learn. Play. Lead.
Early childhood learning could mean the difference for your child's future. Parents receive info, support and encouragement to help children meet key milestones so they’re ready for school. Special thanks to this family for sharing their story.