As community resources come our way, we’ll add below so they’re easily accessible:
- Florida Prepaid College Plans are waiving the $50 application fee for a limited time with code VPK1920. This resource helps parents save for their kids’ future college expenses through flexible, prepaid plans. To learn more, visit myfloridaprepaid.com
- Get up-to-date info on COVID-19’s growth in Florida, by going directly to the source: the Florida Department of Health’s virtual dashboard here.
- If you spot price-gouging at a gas station or store, report here.
- To stay “in-the-know” on our latest school closure news, inquire here.
- For information on obtaining FREE meals for kids and teens, visit this site.
- Food and education resources for distance learning are available here.
- Tax relief and extension details are available per the IRS here.
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone:
Xfinity WiFi hotspots located in businesses and outdoor locations across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers.
For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi. Once at a hotspot, consumers should select the “xfinitywifi” network name in the list of available hotspots and then launch a browser.
Comcast Internet Essentials Free to New Customers:
Now it’s even easier for low-income families who live in a Comcast service area to sign-up for Internet Essentials, the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program.
New customers will receive 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. Additionally, for all new and existing Internet Essentials customers, the speed of the program’s Internet service was increased to 25 Mbps downstream and 3 Mbps upstream. That increase will go into effect for no additional fee and it will become the new base speed for the program going forward. https://www.internetessentials.com/
You qualify if:
- You are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI and others.
- You do not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than a year old. Families with outstanding debt more than one-year-old may still be eligible.
- You live in an area where Comcast Internet service is available.
- You are not an existing Xfinity Internet customer and have not subscribed to Xfinity Internet in the last 90 days.
Apply here: https://internetessentials.com/apply
Once approved it takes 5-7 business days.
Charter Communications, Spectrum’s parent company, announced Friday that beginning March 16, it will make its services available for free for 60 days to households with K–12 and/or college students who do not already have internet through the company. Optional in-home Wi-Fi service at $5/month.
- Free Internet modem
- High-speed Internet at 30 Mbps
- No data caps
- No contracts
You can qualify for this offer if you:
- Have a student of qualifying age at your service address with remote education needs
- Have not subscribed to our internet services within the past 30 days
Call (855) 243-8892 to sign up for this offer.
Free Internet & Communications Providers
AT&T has expanded eligibility for its low-cost internet program & new customers get 2 months of free service. In addition to SNAP recipients, the expansion covers households participating in the National School Lunch Program & Head Start.
Learn more and apply here – https://m.att.com/shopmobile/internet/access/
Unlimited AT&T Home Internet: All AT&T consumer home internet wireline customers, as well as Fixed Wireless Internet, can use unlimited internet data. Additionally, we’ll continue to offer internet access for qualifying limited income households at $10 a month through our Access from AT&T program. We’ve expanded eligibility to Access from AT&T to households participating in the National School Lunch Program and Head Start. Additionally, we’re offering new Access from AT&T customers two months of free service.
Additionally, to help keep families connected during this uncertain time, AT&T is also funding 60 days of free access and unlimited usage of Caribu, a video-calling application that allows family members to read, draw, and play games with one another while in distant locations. The Caribu application, which integrates children’s books, coloring activities, and games will be available to families across the country and around the world, free of cost, for the next two months.
New customers will receive their first month of service free. Offer available through May 12, 2020. Remote customer service support at no charge between now and May 12, 2020. In-home modem included.
- $9.95 per month (plus taxes)
- 10 Mbps
- No term commitment
- No deposit
- No installation fee
Effective Monday, March 16, Cox Communications is providing:
- Limited-time, first two months free of Connect2Compete service, $9.95/month thereafter
- Until May 15, 2020, we are providing phone and remote desktop support through Cox Complete Care at no charge to provide peace of mind and ease for technology needs
- Resources for discounted, refurbished equipment through our association with PCs for People
- A Learn from Home toolkit for schools, including instructions on how to fast-track eligible students without internet access Download toolkit
- Offer expires 5/15/2020. Cox Complete Care in-home support excluded. Program eligibility and other restrictions apply. Learn more at www.cox.com/c2c.
- To Qualify: Families with K-12 children who are eligible for the National School Lunch Program, SNAP, and/or TANF; who receive Tenant-Based Vouchers, Project-Based Vouchers or Section 8 Project-Based Rental Assistance (PBRA); and/or who live in Public Housing
Apply for service: https://www.cox.com/residential-shop/wls/order-cox-services.cox