What happens when former foster teens have a place like The Faine House?
Lives change. Futures change. Communities change.
Young adults who transition into programs like The Faine House after leaving foster care:
- Perform better in school
- Are more likely to graduate or earn a GED
- Are more likely to find employment
- Have fewer mental health challenges
- Are less likely to be arrested
- Are less likely to abuse substances
- Are less likely to engage in violent or destructive behaviors
- Are less likely to become parents before they're ready
- Are more likely to be financially stable
- Are far more likely to become self-sufficient, independent adults
Does this affect you? It sure does.
These young adults are part of our community. They want to succeed. They want to contribute. But they need just a little help to get started.
They never asked to be in this position. They were child victims of abuse or neglect, removed from their own families for their own safety. As a society, we promised to protect them from harm. We can't let them down now - not at such a critical time in their lives.
The time is now. Step up and give former foster youth a chance. Donate now to support The Faine House. Call (321) 397-3081 or email Phillip.Deal@chsfl.org for more ways to help.